Friday, March 12, 2010

Home made bread

I have just had home made bread for lunch. MMMMMMM. Tricked the rest of the family and they got chips from the shop, so a couple of hours later when the fresh bread came out of the oven they couldn't have any. Sneaky hey?

I had a couple of boxes of bread mix and a bag of bread flour in the cupboard for ages, and last week made a recipe called bucket bread out of the bag of flour. It made a huge loaf of bread, a dozen rolls and 2 pizzas. Pretty easy to make, but the kneading was a tad difficult.

Today I used up 2 bags of bread mix that came out of a box in the cupboard and used the bucket bread steps. It has come out of the oven light and fluffy with a crisp crust. Fabulous, I had 2 big slices, shhh dont tell anyone. I can see now that I'm going to have to source some good bread flour, as the shop stuff isn't as good. I knead this stuff better than my bread maker does. The bread maker isn't nearly as good, I tell you. I have a feeling I'll be making more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment